Foolish Thoughts #23: Is Micro-Internship an Old Wine in a New Skin?
Updated: Nov 14, 2019
Recently, T&D Magazine, published by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), posted a short article on a "new trend" called: Micro-Internship.
I was intrigued and after conducting some additional research, it:
- employs college students
- is project based
- consists of five to forty hours of work
- takes place over a one to twelve week period
- work is located on-site or remote
- pays between $15 to $25 an hour
- all of the logistics are handled online
After thinking about this a bit, this seems simply to be a new take on an old method of calling a Temp(orary) Agency. Am I wrong? Am I missing something here? Do you have any thoughts?