Foolish Thoughts #16: EDC for the Trainer
Updated: Nov 14, 2019
Recently, I skimmed through an online article dealing with EDC or Everyday Carry. These are the items that you carry with you each and every day. It may be your keys, a small flashlight (attached to your keys), a pocketknife, etc. As an Eagle Scout and Boy Scout leader, the motto of BE PREPARED, is one that I take seriously, especially when overseas.
Whenever conducting training on the road, I would always carry a kit with me, as you never knew what you would need. Here are a few of my items, all stored in a water resistant/proof bag:
- Permanent and Erasable Markers (black, blue, green, red)
- Highlighters (two different colors)Post-Its (a few different sizes and colors)
- Paper Clips (a few of different sizes)
- Rubber Door Stop. (Amazing how many doors will not stay open.) - Scissors (small; optional) - Binder Clips (2 of each size)
- Stapler (small with some additional staples)
- A Swiss Army knife (basic one with the screwdriver heads) or a basic Leatherman tool. - Tape (both "Scotch" and a few feet of Duck Tape). - Flashlight (optional, as you can now use your cell phone)
- Extension Cord (4 ft.)Outlet Converter (international travel only)
- Sewing Kit (as you may find in some upscale hotels)
In addition, I would also have a small first aid kit. Do you EDC when you travel train? Do you EDC everyday? Do you carry something different/additional?